Sunday, January 15, 2012

Reflections (January 15, 2011)

Overall, this season in the Antarctic Peninsula was quite successful.  With my colleagues, I was able to collect many samples and conduct penguin counts at numerous sites.  I spent most of the season in the central-western portion of the Peninsula and made it up to Deception Island and Half Moon Island in the South Shetlands.  Not as geographically diverse as last season, but an awesome trip nonetheless!  I was extremely fortunate to be traveling with such a wonderful staff (One Ocean Expeditions) and crew aboard the Akademik Ioffe this season.  I am very much looking forward to whatever next year brings, but for now I must bide my time back in the lab until next year, like any good field biologist.


I have put together a little video highlighting some of my favorite moments from this season.  Check it out! http://youtu.be/N-zp_cK-Y7w


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post any questions and I will do my best to answer when I have internet access!